08/02/2013

Review "Threads of Desire", by Eleri Stone


Title: Threads of Desire (Spellcraft #1)
Author: Eleri Stone
Format: E-book
Publisher: Carina Press


Synopis: Guild-trained weaver Ily is furious her rival Kal, a smug yet wickedly sexy rug merchant, outsells her at every turn. She knows her magically crafted rugs are far superior to anything he can produce, but can't compete with his charming personality.
When Kal fixes his lusty attentions on Ily, she is reluctantly aroused by his interest. She knows he desires her and against her better judgment, she wants him too. A chance encounter leads her to make him a scandalous offer: her body in exchange for enough money to leave the city. She sees their time together as a temporary erotic adventure…until Kal reveals that what he truly wants from Ily is more personal—and more dangerous—than bed play. And she must choose between taking her chance at a new life or risking it all for a man she never meant to love.


Review: I have to be honest with my blog readers, I can’t find a way to finish reading this book.
At my first approach with this book, I believed that I had a wonderful story ahead of me. I was reading a synopsis which seemed to promise so much and the beautiful cover made me think that I would have a great way to spend my next hours dreaming about a new world, full of magic. Unfortunately, and now is the time not to judge a book by its cover, nothing happened like I was planning mainly because the book is small. Due to that aspect, I had some issues with the story and the characters. There was no time to create some empathy with them.
Maybe I was on that kind of moments when we need something more enthusiastic, but instead I had a rushing relationship with little story at all. Their relationship was poorly forged and, in my opinion it was the greatest mistake of this book. The beginning was also quite poor, which didn’t help to grab my attention.
All I gave you until now was negative aspects of this book, but I have to point out the author’s courage to write a book series where everything happens in a world of magic, ruled by guilds. There is a market for these romances but only a few whose theme is focused on spell and artists.
Despite the negative review, I’m not going to give up on the author, as I believe that she can do so much better and I’ll be reading more of her books soon.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

@Way2themes

Follow Me